The Major Charity Challenge Dates 2016

The forum to discuss the Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge
mac.hawk

The Major Charity Challenge Dates 2016

Post by mac.hawk » 20 Jan 2016, 22:56

The following are current dates for some of the bigger 'organised' challenge attempts - the list is not exhaustive.

April 30th: The Yorkshire 3 Peaks Race
June 4th: The Christie Foundation
June 18th: Heart Research UK
July 2nd: Marie Curie
July 9th: British Heart Foundation
July 16th: Alzheimer's Society & The Red Cross
August 6th: MacMillan Cancer
August 13th: Help For Heroes

All start at Horton in Ribblesdale and all require a registration fee to be payed in advance. All except Heart Reasearch UK expect you to raise (at least) a financial target in donations - participate or avoid like the plague?

I'm in the latter category.................. purely to avoid the sheer number of people on the route on these particular dates - just too busy for me I'm afraid.

No date for the cyclocross race as yet but it usually takes place at the back end of September.

A very interesting alternative is currently on offer from Yorkshire Cancer Research, they are currently asking for levels of interest from people who would like to attempt the challenge overnight - see http://yorkshirecancerresearch.org.uk/e ... ksbynight/ - cost is £80 but it's not clear from the website if you have to raise minimum sponsorship funds and there is currently no set date.

The Moth

Re: The Major Charity Challenge Dates 2016

Post by The Moth » 25 Jan 2016, 13:31

Definitely dates to avoid there!

Am sure it's been said on here before - but Sundays are always far quieter than Saturdays in the summer. Although in my experience the rubbish situation is disgraceful after one of these events. Also a clockwise circuit means less crowds although you start passing each other later on.