Three Peaks Souvenir Map

The forum to discuss the Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge
Clearviewmapping

Three Peaks Souvenir Map

Post by Clearviewmapping » 06 Jan 2015, 14:48

Hi Everyone
On the back of a map I drew for a friend of Kilimanjaro I thought I would draw a similar one for the Yorkshire Three Peaks. Its more arty than OS map. Its meant as a souvenir map to be printed out and it can be personalised with the date, time completed the walk.
I would like feedback on the map and if anyone would be interested in buying one.
Mike
Attachments
YTP.jpg
YTP.jpg (182.6 KiB) Viewed 2513 times

mac.hawk

Re: Three Peaks Souvenir Map

Post by mac.hawk » 09 Jan 2015, 11:40

Firstly, I like the map.

If you're thinking of retailing it I think it needs a few extra bits and bobs. I'd suggest spot height-ing each peak and maybe a few others in the area covered. It would be a good idea to identify Ribblehead and Chapel le Dale too (not everyone starts/finishes at Horton). If your aiming this at people who have undertaken/completed 'the 12 hour challenge' a trace of the route would also be helpful and as such change 'climbed' to 'completed'.

Finally, it has to be in colour really, shades of ... green? ... brown?

Hope it helps

Clearviewmapping

Re: Three Peaks Souvenir Map

Post by Clearviewmapping » 09 Jan 2015, 20:40

Thanks for your comments mac.
Yes I didn't think about the people not starting at Horton. I will add these to the map and also show it in different colours.

The wording can be what ever people want to show. Some people might want to put the time that it was completed in.

I would like to show the map a little smaller next time as it came across a little too large.

Thanks