Today's tour from Horton to Ribblehead revealed the following.
Firstly that the railway line from Leeds to Carlisle is now fully open in both directions (see posting in General Discussion).
The expected flagging on the initial descent of Pen y Ghent (i.e. heading north west) is 'work in progress' - the flags have been delivered to the appropriate area but placing them 'in situ' is work to be done.
There looks to be some remedial work being planned on the '(fairly) new surfaced' route across the NW end of Sell Gill Hill & SW end of Jackdaw Hill - looks like it may be drainage channels to me - some of the under-shale matting is very exposed in places.
The route over 'The Bog' is pretty benign at the moment and if (on the anti-clockwise route) you give Todber Moss (both levels) a little berth to the right and take care over the stream on Black Dubb Moss you should be fine.
The weather forecast for the immediate future is dry so if you'd like to give 'The Bog' a go - the next few days are a good time (this is dated 07/04/2017).
An update to 'The Guide' will follow shortly.
The forum to discuss the Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest