Jan 2017 News

The forum to discuss the Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge
mac.hawk

Jan 2017 News

Post by mac.hawk » 17 Jan 2017, 19:26

I've recently been in contact with the YDNPA 3 Peaks area Ranger and can report the following ...........

The gate atop the step stile just before Brackenbottom Scar (on the anti-clockwise route a couple of miles from the Horton start) that has been in disrepair for the last 18 months or so has finally been replaced by a single gate (i.e. no step stile, just a gate).

Flagging on the immediate descent of Pen y Ghent towards Tarn Bar is due to commence in the spring. There is expected to be an air lift of the required flagging in late February with work due to commence in early March but of course both are subject to weather conditions. Hopefully this will alleviate the chronic erosion that this section of the RoW has suffered over many years.

Finally, the flagging on Swine Tail (the immediate ascent/descent of Ingleborough on the 3 Peaks route) has now been completed.

Due to illness my projected re-walk of the whole route has been delayed a little but I hope to get round sooner rather than later.